ICD NEWS/Class Calendar
· Guide Lines for Tution Assistance
Yo You must first come to the Local 1055L’s Learning Center to fill out a request form for Tuition Assistance. Please make an appointment.
· You must be registered for classes at a Higher Learning Institution that has a State or National Accreditation and have a copy of your registration or curriculum.
· Arrangements will be made to pay tuition assistance directly to the institution within a reasonable time frame. Please make arrangements in a timely manner.
· Tuition Reimbursement will only be given until after you have completed the course(s).
· If you have already received Tuition Assistance for a previous semester, you must present your grades before additional assistance (showing you completed the courses).
· The Career Development Program cannot provide assistance for dropped classes (classes you did not complete).
· Career Development Funds can be used for Tuition and Books ONLY. If your tuition is being paid for by the TRA/TAA Benefit, you are not eligible for ICD Funds.
· There is a yearly budget for Tuition Assistance, and the funds are first come, first serve. Each participant may receive up to $1800.00 per year (for two years) until the funds are exhausted for the year.
· If you have any questions or concerns about the above guidelines, please call the Local Joint Committee at (615)793-9221.
Printer friendly version